Reconstruction from the great easter Japan earthquake and Kamome no tamago

It has been more than 6 months since I wrote the last journal.

During the time, the great eastern Japan earthquake has happened.
At that time, I was in Saitama prefecture and of course, couldn't go home, though, I was totally safe.

As you know, many people in Tohoku region met severe situations.
I really feel sorry about the disaster.
Also, still, some area of Fukushima is in difficult situation.

But, actually, at many places,
people are trying to recover and reconstruction is going on.

When I visited Sendai in Miyagi, Morioka in Iwate, Fukushima in Fukushima and Mito in Ibaraki in last June,
I felt a strong motivation of them.

Specific characteristics of Japanese are patience and motivation to a goal which one once decides.

The easiest things that we can do for them is to visit there, buy regional specialties, use money I think.

Supporting Tohoku's business generates profit and employment,
then those factors help reconstruction and recovery from the earthquake and Tsunami.

I would like to introduce one famous and popular souvenir product of Iwate prefecture.
It is named "Kamome-no-tamago", it means "egg of seagull" in English.



Saito Confectionary


This product is manufactured by Saitoh confectionary in Ofunado city,Iwate.
Ofunado city was one of the most enormous damaged place along Sanriku offshore.

According to a staff of a shop, their factory was also damaged. The building was collapsed but, machines of manufacturing the product were miraculously safe.
Since that, the products are still made with the machines.

The product itself is sweet and tasty.
It looks like the real egg and inside, yellow part is Japanese sweet bean jam.
Try it!

We Japanese sometimes bring this as a souvenir of travel.

They also sell it by mail-order.
Sorry to say, they only have Japanese page.

At last, this time, many friends all over the world pray for Japan and worry, donate for us. I really appreciate for all. Thank you very much.

Someday, I wish all of you visit and enjoy Japan.
I try to introduce more about Japan and Japanese culture.

コメント