栗の季節/The season of Maroon comes

I went to pick up marron for first time in my life last weekends in Saitama prefecture, one of my friends own trees of marron and it had a really nice ones.

In Japan, Japanese marron is harvested during September to October. We cook it as marron steamed rice, Mont-blanc, and some confectionaries.

I think it is really nice experience to pick up such fruits or vegetables by ourselves.
And recently the News always says that the number of farmers are decreasing and therefore, the productivity of food in the country is weakened.
If we have a opportunity to try or experience such farmer experience, or share spaces and cooperate with others to raise food, it would be very nice and fun.

But actually for now, many people have less chance to do so.
It is a problem that I want to try to improve.

Anyway, thank you so much for a fun experience!

コメント