Why recruitment in Japan is something strange...

Happy New Year 2011!!
I wish all people a happy wonderful fruitful year.

For me, the last year 2010 was the year of change.
I started to study again. (MBA in international business)
And now, almost 6 months has passed.

Though expected to be a native speaker and
get some skills like analytical and logical, it would be still far from those,so far.
But I will get it, eventually!
--------------------------------------

As I'm a recruiter for a telecommunication company in Japan,
I meet a lot of students who are looking for a job.

In Japan, firms has valued new graduates.
Because most of the firms adopted guranteed lifetime employment,

,common Japanese custom, once they employed, they had to use the employees.
So, it was easy for them to let their employees get used to their corporate culture.
 So, most of firms, those are relatively big, adopted this way.
That's also why the market for career person was immature.

Currently in Japan, we are said to be facing to a crisis.
The issue  is that some of new graduates can't get a job after their graduation.
If they missed the chance to being an employees of any company,
their chances to get another job or even get the current job is gone anywhere.

I also think this is strange.
Because it is not quite fair for all who want to work.

My assumption is that, as Japanese are dilligent,
they would think if someone had a time not working,they would not be dilligent.
Maybe these idea was coming from our culture which weigh heavily for teamwork and group consensus
that promoted economical development after WWⅡ.

However, I also think that current some students are something strange.
This is just a particular case I met before,but.
A student who has been interviewed before said," My most tough experience I conquere was gaming 'dance dance revolution'. To achieve the goal, I trained my muscles"
Another student said,"I want to work at Atsugi-city because I live there.But I can't work anywhere."
Other said," I'm not sure that what business does your company run?"
The other said," my parents told me that your firm are kind to employee and you are big.it is secure for me."

When I was a job hunter, even if I think the same as above, I definitely wouldn't say like that.
These people would not get any job....
They might be very pure and honest.

Recently at the class of Human Resource Management,
I heard that for Vietnamese, changing a firm they work for is happend mostly within three years.
For the U.S. citizens, they change their job because it is cool.
I was surprised so much!!

Such idea will be never happend to come for all of us.
Off course, I don't think that everyone have to change their job even if they are satisfied with that.
But, now, I think maturity of the market for careers are demanded and which will benefit Japanese economy finally.

So,I hope that firms promote employment for new job hunters and careers as well.

コメント